What is php7?
PHP known as Hypertext Preprocessor is a widely used open source scripting language. PHP syntax is similar to c and perl.
It is completly free to use. It is used for following purposes:
- Server side scripting embed with html
- command line scripting
- writing desktop apps
PHP can be used with different operating systems like mac, linux, windows etc... Using php you have a freedom to choose an operating system and a web server.
PHP can work with any modern servers like apache, nginx, IIS and many others.
PHP scripts are executed on server side and therefore it is a backend scripting language. PHP supports large number of different protocols like POP3, IMAP and LDAP.
PHP can easily output following things:
- flash movies
- xml doc
- xhtml etc...
Writing database driven website is easily achieved using php extensions like mysql or pdo.
To run php from command line you need to follow the syntax below:
Why do I use php?
PHP can be used to perform following operations:
- to perform file operations like opening a file, reading a file, writing to a file etc...
- php can handle html forms to gather data
- php can send emails
- you can perform CRUD operations with databases
- php can set different cookies on browser
- php can be used to secure restricted pages using sessions
- php can hash passwords
- can generate dynamic page contents
What to learn before php?
Before you learn php you need to have knowledge of following things:
- basic knowledge of different operating systems
- basic knowledge of text editor to create, save and edit files
- basic knowledge of html and css language
- basic knowledge of web browser like chrome, firefox or safari
- basic knowledge of internet and web
Why to learn php7?
PHP7 is considered as a major release that contains significant changes from php5.
Followings are some of the features of php7 language:
- Improved performance
- low memory consumption
- scalar type declaration
- 64-bit support
- improved exception handling
- many fatal errors now converted to proper exceptions
- secured random number generation process
- depricated extensions removed
- the null calescing operator
- return types and scalar type declarations
- anonymous classes
- spaceship operator
- zero cost asserts
- it uses new Zend Engine 3.0 to improve app performance
What is php?
- PHP is a server side scripting language and used to generate dynamic web pages.
Can you send email using php?
What are some of the features of php7?
- Scalar type declarations
- Return type declarations
- Null coalescing operator
- Spaceship operator
- Anonymous classes
What do the initials of PHP stands for?
- PHP is known as Hypertext Preprocessor.
Which programming language does PHP resemble?
- PHP syntax resembles Perl and C
How do you execute a PHP script from the command line?
- php script_name.php